Sunday, December 15, 2013

Plumbing Prayer

Hi Team
Its been a busy week here in Chad. Jim just returned from Moundou, eight hours south, from a week of teaching motorcycle safety, skills and maintenance to Chadian nationals who are a part of the national bible translation program. Jaars donated money to buy 9 new motorcycles and asked me to do the training. It was a great week and I want to tell you more, but... We had a major plumbing issue explode this morning about 4 AM.  It drained our whole water tank supply. Flooded the whole backside of an apartment complex and right out the back gate. As soon as I heard about the problem, I went and turned off the water to the building. Got the big pump and pumped out as much water from the area as I could, to survey the situation.  One major break in the main fresh water line. A break in the filtered drinking water system as well.  The main sewage line is completely separated. All these open lines in one flooded trench along with all the electrical wiring for the 8 unit building. The trench was dug in preparation for all new plumbing coming. But the exposed pipes are sagging and joints are coming apart.
 
Prayer points:
1. Give me wisdom what to do. I am not a plumber / electrician.
2. ASAP! God sends an individual who is experienced with these kinds of plumbing problems in nations like Chad. Who can evaluate the situation with me, search the town with me and decide on a plan based on what materials are available in country and what may need to come from outside.
3. Then God sends a team here to rebuild this whole building plumbing system.
4. That no one gets sick from the cross contamination.
 
 
Thanks
Jim and Judy McCabe
http://jim-judys-wycliffe.blogspot.com
Follow our adventure!

1 comment: