Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cat on three legs

 
Amiir
(Prince in Arabic)
 
This is a good place to start playing Monty Python's, "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life", you can download it here if you have lost your copy. http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=2453563&song=Always+Look+On+The+Bright+Side+Of+Life
This is a British (PG 13) song
 
Amiir is a three legged cat for whom we are foster parents for a few months. His "person" is out of the country for a few months and the Prince has graciously appointed us to be "fill-in" can openers and his personal attendants for a season.
You will notice in this close up photo that there are two, yes count them, two bones sticking of the bottom of the left leg. (He was thrown over our wall.) It has healed just below the elbow.
Besides that wee problem "the cat" is healthy, happy, playful, feisty, and has an excellent meow-er when he wishes to be noticed. Like around feeding time twice a day. That's when his appointed can openers are suppose to jump into action, open his can of dried fish and serve him his feast, fit for a cat.
After eating, his highness likes to play a bit. One of his favorites is to lovingly wrap around Judy's legs while she is busy in the kitchen and see if he can trip her up. A standard deviant form of cat humor. If he ever senses frustration at his behaviour, he dives right into the "poor me" routine. "I only have three legs, no opposing thumbs and I am as near to helpless as any human could ever experience." Then something distracts him and he goes off acting like a normal good for nothing cat again.
Judy is the cat lover person of the family. I am the dog person. I tolerate cats and they seem to know it. Like I never actually make contact when my foot is flying in their direction. (Because they are quick.) Plus, I have never hit a cat when driving down the road. Although I have been accused of trying. They have this extra sensory perception about non cat lovers, signaling them to be aware and always plan an exit strategy when scheming some devious mischief.
But, I digress. Amiir is a three legged cat who mentally whines and moans about being a three legged cat. He wishes he had his fourth leg again and has somehow got me convinced that I can help make that happen. See how devious these cats are. I have no idea how they do such things. Cat mind control or something. Anyway, I did a little Internet research and the majority opinion is that cats, and yes, even dogs do just fine with three legs. But will Amiir buy into this? No!! He's convinced he is a Prince (somebodies poor chose of a name) and would rule his kingdom much better on four legs.
 There are several Internet entries about prosthetics for cats, but fortunately my job keeps me too busy to try and fabricate a cat leg prosthetic. But this incessant whining about it has caused me to Blog on the topic and see if there are any sappy hearted cat lovers who read our Blog and have some good ideas on helping Amiir. I've tried to explain to him the hopelessness of such a dream. I assured him that the readers we have are by and far normal dog people, not cat lovers and just don't get your hopes up.
Be aware, this is his Princely gaze, hoping he can make a positive influence on the cat loving society out there in Cyber Space.
Amiir believes this is exactly how he would look, if someone, anyone, would take pity on his situation and help find him an extra leg to stand on. (Oh pleeze)
I like cats, really, I just can't eat a whole one.
This is where the volume increase on the closing lines from, "Always look on the Bright Side of Life"
Have a GREAT week
Jim
(Jim's editor, Judy here. Jim's blogging is much cheaper than a psychiatrist!)

No comments:

Post a Comment