Monday, January 25, 2010

What we are doing now.

We stayed in Tucson after the Jaars aviation program ended, because Jordan was doing well in high school and we didn’t want to mess that up. Then we decided we would stay until he was able to be 100% on his own. He moved out a few months ago and is now 98% self supporting. We thought we were going to head over to Chad as facilities maintenance manager and things were moving in that direction. Then we went to visit my dad. He is 90 now. I got this distinct feeling that now was not a good time to go to Chad because of my dad. He is the sole care taker of his wife (92) who is very frail. The stats indicate that because he won’t accept help in taking care of her, (we tried all kinds of ways to give him help) he probably won’t live that much longer. I felt like leaving right now would be saying to my dad, “have a great death and we’ll see you in heaven”. Maybe its just me, but I wasn’t comfortable doing that. So right then this Wycliffe job in Tucson opened up, “retirement facility manager”. I applied and got it. But Wycliffe requires we have 100% of our support before starting a new job. We are currently at 77%. So my current job is Partnership Development. Judy’s planning on staying in Recruitment.
We still want to go to Chad and are planning for it in two years. We now have some time to get our French back up to par and get a good grip on Arabic and Chadian / Islamic culture. There is a three day Islamic culture intensive program here in Tucson, we hope to take when the finances come around.

No comments:

Post a Comment