Saturday, March 17, 2012

St Patrick's Day meal

Jim, and our kids loved the one day a year I would make corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots. (Not my favorite dish!) So, when some cans of corned beef, see picture, showed up for sale at our coffee break this week I knew I would have to fix it. I boiled the potatoes and carrots and then was going to put the cabbage and beef in when opening the can of beef found out it was not a "chunk" but more like a mush of it. Like pate.


What to do? So after boiling the cabbage I added the warmed corned beef to the vegetables and mixed it up. Jim was thrilled with it.  Lots of bonus meals for him! (I'm glad we won't have it for another year!)            
 Alright so maybe some morning I will make him some corned beef hash; another of his favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment