Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hand washing delicates

Did we mention that our wonderful house help, (called domestique) does our laundry three times a week? And that she does it by hand outside in big tubs. We don't have washing machines here. I think its because we want to support our local economy and help people keep their jobs. Also, its not customary for house help to do ones "under garments" and dedicates. So Jim and I do them when we take our evening shower.  It is not proper to put "under garments" on the line for all the world to see either.  So, we hang them all around our bedroom at night, it helps raise the humidity and cool the air a bit. (a very good thing).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Guys,
    Just got caught up on your blog posts. Keep them coming when you can. Love the pictures. So nice to be able to "picture" where you are. I'm glad you are feeling better and will continue to ask father help keep you feeling good. Eat lots of yogurt! I too am learning to use a pressure cooker (kinda scary) and I'm wanting to try millet, too. A very popular grain over there. It is popular here with the "whole food plant-based" eaters like I'm trying to become more of. Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys,
    Just getting caught up on your blog posts. Really enjoying them and appreciate the pics as I can now picture where you are. I hope this finds you both feeling much better (eat lots of yogurt):) I,too am learing how to use a pressure cooker (kinda scary) and want to try millet,too. It is gaining popularity here with the "whole food, plant-based" eating crowd which I'm trying to do more of. I talk to father about you when I see the magnet on my fridge. xo Julie

    ReplyDelete