Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What if it was almost in your language?

Ps 23: 1-3

Da Boss Above, he take care me,
Jalike da sheep farma take care his sheeps.
He goin give me everyting I need.
He let me lie down wea da sweet an soft grass stay.
He lead me by da water wea I can rest.
He give me new kine life.
He lead me in da road dat stay right,
Cuz I his guy.

John 3:16-18

“God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peopo inside da world, dat he wen send me, his one an ony Boy, so dat everybody dat trus me no get cut off from God, but get da real kine life dat stay to da max foeva. 17You know, God neva send me, his Boy, inside da world fo punish da peopo. He wen send me fo take da peopo outa da bad kine stuff dey doing. 18Whoeva stay trus me, God no goin punish dem. But whoeva no trus me, garans God goin punish dem, cuz dey neva trus me, God's ony Boy.

This was from the Hawaiian Pidgin Bible

If this was the only language the Bible was written in for you, how would you feel? Would you come to the conclusion, this must be a God who only speaks other languages, but not yours. In that case, Gods Word may not hold much value to you.

But God does speak every language in the world. He made them all. He knows each one intimately. He wants every person from every language to know Him intimately. Which can only happen in their heart language. He has given us who know Him this command, “to make Him known in all the world.” Wycliffe Bible Translators exists to do just that. Our vision is to begin a Bible Translation in every language of the world that needs it, by the year 2025.

There are almost 7,000 languages spoken in the world today. There are still 2300 languages that still don’t have a single word of scripture in them. Wycliffe’s goal is to start working in each of those language groups just as soon as possible. Are you up to the challenge? Are you willing to help?

A way to partner with us.   http://www.wycliffe.org/Partnership/ITPPreviewProfile.aspx?FindaMissionary=true

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting and effective, Jim & Judy. Well done! God bless you both! You are awesome and doing a great work! John Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John. You are a great encouragement to us.

    ReplyDelete