Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Two Roses and a bunch of thorns!


Just returned from a visit to North Carolina. Wycliffe sent Judy and I to a Senior Benefits annual business meeting in Waxhaw, NC. It was to orientate us to my new position and meet the rest of the nation wide staff. So after the meetings we spent some time with some of our kids. We hooked up with our son Josh (second from the right) in Charlotte and then went to his home in Boon, NC, where he is attending Appalachian State University. His major is .......Appropriate Technology and Renewable Resources in Green Building.....  er something like that. Then we went to visit Jody (daughter, fourth from right) and Caleb (son-in-law, third from right). Good visit, all are good kids. Now Jordan, (son, second from the left) lives in Tucson, down by the University. So we see him frequently.
We stopped in at Jaars Aviation to say howdy to the troops there. No, this Kodiak wasn't there then, but it is a good representation of Jaars. The one here has already gone on to PNG. They have a Cessna 207 they are getting ready for a Soloy Turbine engine installation. Then they plan on sending it to Cameroon, Africa. Its always good to visit the aviation program. Yes, I'd enjoy getting back into it. But just not in a humid environment. Maybe someplace dry, like Chad...... I do admit, each time I go there, I am reminded that my service there was some of the best work times I've ever had. If you're ever thinking about volunteering some time at Jaars, DO IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment