Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sometimes, life is like this. Flying through the air, held up by some strings attached to some nylon. The first time one does this there are a lot of questions. "What am I doing here!", "This is safe, RIGHT?",  "I'm willingly jumping out of a perfectly good airplane... for fun..?", "I'm sure the guy who packed this chute was qualified, RIGHT?", "My instructor said to turn, right, or was it left?", "Its not the fall that kills you, its the sudden stop at the bottom. So no sudden stops, RIGHT?"
It really was a lot of fun. No REALLY, it was! It was an adventure, which is defined by 1- fear of possible injury or death, 2- unknown outcome, 3- shedding of blood. That's life, full of unknowns, which can be very stressful. Sometimes we respond well to stress, sometimes not so well.
I am currently doing something that is very stressful for me. Sometimes I think I'd rather be jumping out of airplanes blindfolded and handcuffed rather than what I'm currently doing. Its suppose to be ministry, helping people better understand how they can be involved in the wonderful world of missions. But to me its just stressful, REALLY, REALLY, stressful. I know if I was an extrovert and people person, it might even be enjoyable. But I'm an introvert and its just plane painful. Yes, I've read the books, been to the seminars, had the training, done the practicing, bought the tee-shirt. But its still hard, difficult, uncomfortable, a feeling that the bottom is approaching way too quickly.
I know I'm whining... as if I have it bad or something. I don't have to look far before I see others in a whole lot worse shape than me. I suppose its just good therapy to express ones feelings. So, here I am doing it, getting self therapied. Sort of like self medicating. Can be good, can be bad. Can't feel its helped so far. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment