Saturday, July 30, 2016

The times, they are a changing...

There is a lookout tower in the back ground. 

Yes, its the Grand Canyon. Jordan is a fireman there again this fire season. We camped just outside the park, to the east of Tusayan, just in the forest. Its called dispersed camping. Its allowed, even encouraged by the forest service. They tell me its "my" national forest, and I am welcomed to access it, camp, hunt, fish, enjoy it, free of charge. 

Now for the real reason I am writing... We must change our "Blog" provider. We have been using www.Blogger.com for years. We have 190 write-ups posted and almost 20,000 page views. But our Chad IT department feels it is a "questionable" blog provider site and will no longer provide access from Chad. So we are hunting for a new provider. I have set up an account with "Wordpress", transferred my write ups from Blogger and starting writing new posts. Those of you who are subscribed to our Blogger site are probably not receiving notices of the new site. https://wordpress6628.wordpress.com

There is a lot to setting up and figgering out how to properly use a new site. I'm on a steep learning curve. If we like it, we will need to "buy in", to gain a whole lot of the features that were free on the old blogger site. I'm waiting on the Chad IT department to let me know if this new provider will be approved, before investing $$$. 

We'll try and publish in both providers for a while.

So, that's the news from J&J today.


No comments:

Post a Comment