Sunday, July 27, 2014

Right Knee Overhaul

Oh Gross!  Scars, a mans badge of life. I ended up with a partial replacement, instead of a whole new knee. The link http://www.makoplasty.com/partial-knee-replacement  gives an overview. The photo is my leg three days after. The main cut down the knee cap area is where the doc went in, removed some bone on the bottom inside of the thigh bone and top inside of the shin bone. Then he attached a metal plate on each bone and installed a plastic shim between them. He left all of the ligaments and tendons in their original positions.  Don't you like my stockings?  


Yes, they got me up the day after to take a
stroll down the hall. A good friend had a hip replacement the day before and was coming to see me so I had to be ready for a foot race. Well not really! The Doc said no driving for a while, but fortunately he didn't say anything about riding my motorcycle, (That's a joke son!) Now my main job is manage the pain and do my exercises for the 4-6 weeks recovery time. It could have been 3-4 months recovery for a full knee replacement.

Surgery was on a Wednesday, I'm walking in my driveway on Sunday. Pray for a quick recovery for me. Pray for Judy as she has an enormous challenge of trying to keep me on track for a good recovery. By Gods grace, we will make it!



No comments:

Post a Comment